On April 27th, 2017, the Academic Senate and Environmental Student Assembly hosted an all-campus open forum event titled the 2030 Vision For Sustainability. The dialogue followed the release of the Academic Senate Sustainability Subcommittee’s “Sustainability Strategy 2030” proposal, a 40-page document available here documenting the gaps in USC’s sustainability efforts and suggesting a major administrative restructure coupled with new goals for the year 2030.
For those who were not able to attend, full video of all presentations has been made available by the Academic Senate. You may watch the forum in its entirety here or the individual presentations given below:
- Sustainability Manager Halli Bovia on Sustainability 2020 Progress
- Professor Dr. Darren Ruddell on the Sustainability Strategy 2030 Proposal
- ESA 2017/18 Co-director Student Olivia Pearson on USC Sustainability Metrics and Community Engagement
- Environmental Core 2017/18 Director Student Aarya Suryavanshi on Sustainability Education and Research
- Environmental Core 2016/17 Director Student Zach Manta on Past Action and Need For Progress
- Viterbi School of Engineering Dean Yannis Yortsos on Sustainability & Security Taskforce
- Vice President of Student Affairs Ainsley Carry on behalf of Provost Michael Quick
We invite you to make use of the comment section below to share your thoughts on the information presented and the contents of the 2030 document!